Researching health and longevity habits, patterns and trends has been a passion of mine for more than twenty years. With an open-mind, I’ve read thousands of books and articles in an ongoing effort to continually educate myself. I’ve written books (including a best seller) and articles sharing this knowledge as I grasped it. My hope: that I could offer broadly informed perspectives on living well for the benefit of others, too. While I’ve worked very closely to guide the messaging of a variety of cutting edge therapeutics and medical devices in clinical trials at biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, I also embrace the wisdom inherent to many alternative therapies. As a credentialed nutrition and stress management counselor and certified hypnotherapist, I’ve counseled people in all walks of life, guiding their thinking and habits for healthier living and better stress management. I’ve worked with executives that were literally getting “sick of (from) work” and related life pressures. Although many of these executives initially hired my communications company for its services — since I firmly believe, “Business is personal,” many ultimately benefitted and certainly appreciated, my personalized counsel as I always view everything and every decision from a “holistic” perspective.
Most of us are fortunate to be given the gift of health upon birth and it is within our power to keep it. It is the “keeping” of health for a long life that has fascinated me. As such, I’ve focused my continual research on:
- Understanding the basics of healthy foods and eating
- Disease: its purpose and how to prevent it
- Reclaiming and maintaining natural weight, health and energy
- Changing behaviors that are counter-productive to a healthy, happy life
- Perfecting and teaching simple, natural relaxation techniques–like self-hypnosis and guided meditations
- Taking charge of thoughts and feelings in any moment while eliminating destructive, alienating mental barriers
- Accepting and loving oneself and others today, while learning to change habits instead of withholding approval until something changes tomorrow
- Self-empowerment by living in each of the 1440 moments of the day with maximum energy, heart and soul
- Acceptance of others as they are — instead of trying to “remodel”
- Embracing the difference between asking for help and being needy. They are very different.
- Reflecting upon my views in my own personal mirror before blaming my pain and frustration on others
- Embracing adversity as a growth opportunity, versus as stressor
My goal is to bring out the best in myself and others by helping us all to realize our natural, fullest potential on the physical, mental and emotional planes. My approach with myself and others is kind, interactive and direct if asked. I seek to teach by example, while being a catalyst for the profound changes I know are possible.
Much of how we feel is a result of what we put, or don’t put, into our bodies along with how we move them and ultimately rest. By helping others understand the intertwined relationship of these and other factors as outlined above, my goal, for anyone who asks for my help, is to help others build strong healthy foundations. I believe “diet” is not another “four letter word!” but actually it is the source of amazing power. I view health as something that is usually simple, logical and easy. My clients would agree: Health improves once subconscious habits, beliefs, patterns and hidden agendas are gently explored and understood. By asking key questions about seemingly unrelated issues, most begin to understand coping patterns that may be hindering their health goals. Comprehending the impact of conscious and unconscious thoughts on health can result in life-changing breakthroughs for most people in ways they might not imagine. As you begin understanding how your mind works to protect your life force at all times, all forms of natural therapeutic ingredients of a healthy life seem much more accessible and ready to be embraced.